Reminder for 10/20/2021 Seminar: Economic NEXUS vs Sales Tax NEXUS – learn more and become better prepared to ask and answer the tough questions, such as:
- What does it mean for out-of-state sellers?
- How or will this decision affect more than just sales tax nexus?
- What does economic nexus mean for sales tax?
- Does having a physical presence in a state still matter for sales tax?
- Is the traditional nexus for sales tax still alive and well?
- Do we need to begin filing in the 45 states that have a sales taxing system?
- When to recommend to a client to file income/sales tax in that state?
Did you know?: Offset Refund Amounts
If your refund amount is different than stated on the filed tax return, part or all of your refund may have been used to pay off (offset) past-due federal tax, student loans, state income tax or other past-due debts.
You’ll receive a notice from the IRS if such an offset occurs that will show the original tax refund amount, the offset amount, as well as the name, address and telephone number of the agency receiving the payment.
If you haven’t received your refund yet, you may be able to check the status using the IRS’ “Where’s my Refund?” tool: https://www.irs.gov/refunds.